1. Start out as early as possible. Let some one know what trail you are on. ( the only trail open at the moment is Alum Cave Bluffs trail)
2. Bring an extra pair of dry socks, clothes to layer with, and plenty of snacks and water for the hike up.
3. Some sort of ice walker. ( yak tracks, micro-spikes, stableicers, etc.)
4. Hiking poles are a big help.
5. Hats, gloves, and any other piece of clothing to keep you warm.
TAKE IT SLOW. Be careful and have a fun hike.
Now, to fill you in on the conditions up top. The low last night was 15 with a high yesterday of 21. There is 5" of new snow with a total of 19". It is currently cloudy and windy up top.
P.S. check out the guest sightings page.