Good Afternoon, The NPS road crews were able to reopen US 441 today, so trails like Alum Cave and The Boulevard will once again be optional routes to the lodge for the holiday. Future storm pending of course. We aren't hearing about trees down on any of the trails, which is good news. We received 0.65" of rain yesterday, but not much has happened today, just the occasional spitting. Temps have been comfortable, hovering in the upper 50's and lower 60's. Still several days of storms forecasted, so please dress appropriately if you have plans of paying us a visit. Have a great rest of the day!
11:00 AM Update:
Greetings, US 441 through the park remains closed at this hour due to downed trees from last night's powerful storm. Guests and dayhikers looking to ascend the mountain today can still gain access from Cherokee Orchard, Roaring Fork, and Greenbrier. Please use caution around downed or low hanging trees, especially if winds pick up. We're sunny and warm right now, but more storms are forecasted for this afternoon. We'll do our best to keep you up to speed on road and trail conditions. Take care.