All of camp is chilly and wet this morning as we have been receiving scattered showers since 6:30 this morning. These showers should continue into the weekend and on Sunday, there is a possibility of snow. It may not be time to put those traction devices away yet! More information will be posted on here tomorrow as we get closer to Sunday. High winds have been hitting us hard causing reports of down trees on surrounding trails. On that note, the llamas will not be making it up the mountain today but will attempt to summit tomorrow.
If you are planning a hike today, remember those warm, waterproof layers as we should remain around 45 degrees with wind and rain throughout the rest of today. We hope to see you at the top huddled by our heaters drinking a warm beverage!
A friendly reminder to all that this weekend in Pigeon Forge is the annual Rod Run. Expect high congestion on the roads with heavy traffic delays. Advised to find alternate routes if planning on driving through Pigeon Forge to avoid a late summit reach.