I want to explain about the information you get on this site. I am giving information for the beginner to average hiker. Someone who may have never hiked in these conditions, or someone who has and is still trying to make an informed decision. I am also giving this advice for the day of the post. The conditions can change day to day. If the weather stays this way, we could see clear trails with in the next week.
Rainbow Falls- The most traveled within the last week. It is going to be slushy in places. I have seen folks make it up with out ice crampons. It will still be a bit slow going, so start early and take your time.
Alum Cave Trail - We had about 10 day hikers make it up Alum. They said it was tricky. The rhodo thickets are bouncing back to life and that should not be an issue. Be careful if you choose Alum. The area around the cables are going to be slushy and slick.
Trillium - We have had reports from guest going down Trillium. The rhodo thickets are no longer an issue. There are still some trees down. They are passable. This trail is has a lot of northern facing slopes. This means the sun has not melted it off as much. The rain may have helped the situation.
Bullhead- I have not heard of anyone coming up or going down Bullhead. If this is the case and you decide to try Bullhead, you may be breaking trail.
Boulevard - No one has gone out Boulevard that I am aware of. This trail is north facing and usually the one that clears up. There are going to be deep drifts on this trail. The reason I told people to not try it was because people tend to take this trail thinking it is going to be the easiest. This is not the case. If you are an experienced hiker who has hiked in conditions like this, you will probably be fine. If you are an average hiker, this could be very difficult. If you are a beginner, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS TRAIL. I do more rescues on this trail then any other trail leading to the mountain. I am talking about people needing assistance to a make it to the lodge because they are warn out from attempting this trail.
Once again, this information is for today's post. Conditions may change by tomorrow.