What turned out to be a mostly pleasant and productive day outside eventually turned sour as night descended upon the mountain. Around supper time the winds started to surge, and the rain followed suit after midnight. The gusts and sudden surges of water dancing on rooftops have been riding a seesaw back and forth all night. At reporting we had received 0.75” of rain, and it’s still coming down. Trails are sure to be wet and muddy. Yesterday’s high was 47° - also our current temp - and the low from the morning prior was 38. The rain is expected to let up by lunchtime, but the clouds are likely to stick around.
Today the 2020 crew makes their annual pilgrimage to the mountain. This weekend we will be cleaning and organizing in earnest, and if the weather decides to cooperate, we’ll do some flying next week. Reminder that lodge grounds are closed to public access during our annual Airlift. With a forecast such as this, exactly when those closures will occur is unpredictable.