Better hold on to your hats! The winds have been howling since yesterday afternoon. Thought my cabin was about to take flight with the ravens! Sustained winds are holding at 20-30 mph with gusts bursting in at 50-60. Should be this way all day. Temps remain mild, as yesterday’s high was 50 degrees with a low of 35. We’re currently at 39 under cloudy skies.
It’s “time to wake up the lodge” mode in Mt. LeConte. The crew will report tomorrow afternoon and we’ll begin prepping for another season in earnest. Reminder that even with all of this activity, the lodge doesn’t officially open until Monday, March 25. It’s a week later this year, so folks with Priority reservations do a double check of your arrival dates!
Special thanks to winter caretaker, Seth Orme, for another fabulous off season up top. And also to Kemp Stonehouse for filling in these last couple weeks.