Well the clouds have taken hold of the summit for the time being, despite producing little rain over the last day and a half. In fact, there have been numerous moments where the lodge can look out between cloud layers. Winds remain calm and temps mild in the 40s. The forecast has turned more favorable than was originally portrayed, with Monday looking partly cloudy and the rain waiting til the evening. That’s all fine and dandy, but only if the clouds decide to let up. We have supplies to fly!
Today the lodge goes into “submarine mode,” as our airlift personnel work diligently to prep outgoing loads, tackle maintenance projects, and the crew cleans with gusto. Lodge grounds will remain closed until the completion of our resupply for both the safety of our team and of course hikers to the mountain. The pit privies remain open, and signs are posted directing hikers to the natural spring water source.
A special shout out to our staging team at Luftee, gathering and assembling our air-destined loads this weekend. They work hard and efficiently to help bring us so many of the goods and services we provide up here.