It was another chilly day on the mountain, but the skies finally cleared in the afternoon as the blissful blues above took control. Atmospheric conditions in conjunction with road openings allowed us to get in several hours of much needed flying time. Today should be a gorgeous day in its entirety, and so we are optimistic about being able to complete Airlift operations some time today. If a summit to the mountain is in your plans, please remember that the lodge premises will not be accessible like it is the rest of the year. While we fly, lodge grounds are closed off for safety reasons. Brief openings will occur when we will be able to allow visitors access to restrooms and water spigots. Otherwise, onlookers will have to marvel at the helicopter from a safe distance outside of camp.
During the "hurry up and wait" period between shoveling and flying yesterday afternoon, several of our crew members took advantage of the fresh powder with makeshift sleds. One person's shining moment was captured on camera for all to enjoy!
Have a great day.