Good Morning, A day that started sour ended pretty sweet. The clouds and muck of the morning eventually broke open to clear and sunny skies later in the day. Winds reminded us of their presence throughout the day, especially during sunset at Cliff Tops, but were never overbearing. Our high temp turned out to be 38 degrees, with a low of 15. Ice and snow remain spotty, and we woke up to everything being coated in frost today, so continue to pack those traction devices should you choose to make the ascent.
There is a distinct possibility that we will commence our annual resupply Airlift today. We'll see if all of the contributing factors in that decision align for us. With that said, we will be posting signs and caution tape around the perimeter of camp with staff to inform and direct visitors about the closure of lodge grounds. Accessing water spigots and restrooms will be limited to when it is deemed safe for visitors to enter camp. While the helicopter is in the air, keeping hikers away from the action at a certain distance is the best way to ensure their safety. Please respect these closures and the dedicated folks staffing the entrances. Thank you. Have a great day.