Not exactly good kite flying weather these last many hours. We got every bit of those 50mph gusts with several rain squalls passing through last night. Today won’t be as blustery, but still the chance for winds to tap 30mph. Depending on how well the rain bands hold together as they cut through the South, we could still see intermittent showers throughout much of the day. Temps were fairly warm yesterday and should remain mild up top, maintaining our presence in the 40s and 50s. Trails will be plenty soggy and there is the likelihood of new debris on trails. Currently Roaring Fork is closed due to downed trees, so visitors who were hoping to utilize Trillium Gap Trail will need to consider an alternate route this morning, or at least until park road crews have a chance to assess and clear the one-way drive. And another reminder that the bridge repair on Rainbow Falls Trail begins today, so that path is out of the rotation for lodge guests as well.
Stay dry and have a great day.