Grab the oars, don the slickers, and steady the sails, because it’s going to be rough seas today! Wait a second, all this week’s precipitation has us forgetting we’re on a mountain top and not riding turbulent waves in a maelstrom.
During the night, the winds ramped up and continuous rain bands have been lashing the lodge, already dropping 1.5” on us. We’ll be under a Flood Watch now through noon Friday, as the ground is thoroughly saturated from all of this week’s rains. There is also a Wind Advisory in effect now until 2:00 AM tomorrow, calling for gusts of 55mph at times. We’ve been feeling every bit of the above since midnight. Temps will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s today.
Guests with reservations are wise to hit the trail as early as possible today and make haste before the winds get stronger and the rains afford creeks the chance to rise. Day hikers…the weekend forecast looks much better for exploring the outdoors. All roads accessing the mountain’s trailheads are open currently.