So far it has been an enjoyable day to be on the mountain. When the sun breaks a hole in the clouds you can feel the heat, but the autumn like breezes are keeping things comfortable. We received a meager 0.05” of rainfall yesterday, merely a compilation of light mists. Our temps continue to bounce between 50s and 60s.
We’re still waiting on official word from the NPS in regards to the pending hurricane. If Florence tracks this direction, it could mean a significant amount of wind and rain. Such conditions could lead to temporary closures of park roads, trails, and facilities. If LeConte Lodge falls into that scope, we will of course notify guests with reservations of any changes as quickly as possible. Please continue to follow GSMNP and LeConte Lodge social media to stay current.