We have been patiently waiting for the past 48 hours. Hopefully today will be the day for the airlift. We are currently in the clouds. This coverage needs to blow out of here for any activity to happen. It has been fairly cold up here. The high yesterday was 35 with a low last night of 28. The trails are starting to melt, but there is still a lot of ice and a few inches of snow hanging around. If you are going to attempt to hike to the top, I highly recommend some form of ice walker for your shoes.
The crew had some of their emergency training yesterday. One of our smaller volunteers let us strap him into the litter and and treat him for "injuries". Thanks Mason.
Welcome to the official blog of LeConte Lodge. We hope you find the information provided here both helpful and enjoyable. Thank you for visiting the site, and we hope to see you on the mountain!